Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sometimes menopause is hilarious

Night sweats, insomnia, and hot flashes are annoying but not unbearable. The only part of menopause that really gets in my craw is the forgetfulness. I have a pretty good memory and this business of forgetting common English words drives me up a tree.

Unless it's funny.

I took my Hero to work this morning. He drives a straight truck for Dohrn Transfer, a regional trucking firm. We were a little early so we were sitting in the parking lot talking for just a minute before we needed to part for the day. We were sitting in the parking lot of Dohrn Transfer. (I just wanted to make sure you got that part.)

As one of the cabs pass us on the street in front of the parking lot, I (remember menopause) blurted out, "Hey, look! There's a Dohrn truck!"

He just stared at me. Then he laughed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand completely...

sadly.

...but like you. I remember to laugh at myself. That makes all the difference in the world...even during menopause...or is that mentalpause? :)

Michelle said...

That's hilarious!

Susan said...

Thanks for giving me a glimpse of what I have to look forward to. I do have to search for words already, much to my amazement. I've never been known for my lack of words!