Thursday, May 8, 2008

I am so excited!


At about 5 o'clock I finished my last assignment for my last class!!!
I was able to pack these books away for the last time this year! This semester was a little harder for me because I took 16 hours. That may not seem too steep, but when you are in the midst of menopause, expecting to get 16 minutes a week of productive brain power can be a stretch!

Having packed the books away, I grabbed my camera and headed outside. The lilac bush in the yard behind me is finally blooming. My mother loved lilacs and they always remind me of her. Their fragrance filled the afternoon air.





Even this weed was beautiful.



My patriotic red, white and blue tulip was displaying its glory for one more day at least before it fades and makes way for the summer flowers.



The ants were busy preening the peonies in anticipation of their blooming later this month.



The few remaining apple blossoms were basking in the sunlight.


And this little daffodil was preparing to release its seeds to the wind.

It was a beautiful day, made that much more glorious by the fact that I finished the semester!!! I have only 12 hours to take this fall and I shall graduate with my BA in English.

5 comments:

Starla said...

Congratulations!!!!! :)

Terri said...

Thanks, Starla! I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Man Terri! I don't know which field you should go into.... writing or photography! LOL I LOVE the pics your camera takes. Awesome!

Terri said...

Starr, I wish I could find a way to combine the two! That wouldn't even seem like work!

Anonymous said...

those are really beautiful flowers