Sunday, May 18, 2008

Am I The Only Idiot?

I was getting out my supplies to start working on a quilt for the church nursery (there will be photos soon) and I wondered if I am the only one who has to find all these great gadgets that she owns when she wants to use them. I knew I had a rotary cutter and I thought it was in my sewing box. Nope. So I looked in the next logical place — my nifty craft box with the special compartments and everything. Wasn't there either.

At this point, I was calling myself all kinds of names because I spend money to get the good tools and then I can never remember where I put them the last time I used them. I even have a designated sewing box. (It is getting a little frayed around the edges, but my mom bought it for me a couple of years before she died and I really don't want to replace it.) My Sweetie bought me one of those really cool craft boxes and some of the organizers that go in it, and I even have a great big craft box that is supposed to go under my bed, but my bed isn't tall enough and …

Oh, wait! The big box! Maybe just maybe … so I dug it out of the closet under the staircase. This is a much bigger deal than it seems. I live in a tiny little house and storage is at a premium so every square inch of storage space is designated and of, course, the great big craft box is on the bottom because, well, because it's big.

Anyway, I finally got it out, and foraged through it. (There is some really neat stuff in there.) And sure, enough, there was my rotary cutter. I didn't put the box back. My Sweetie did it for me.

The moral of the story is this: It doesn't do you any good to have great organizational skills and great organizational boxes if you don't use them!! Grrrrrrrrrr.

4 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

That's funny Terri!
Been there done that!

Can't wait to see pictures of the quilt!

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that.....will probably do it again!!!! You know the rule, put it in a safe spot so you'll remember where it is when you need it.

LOVE YA!!!

Alesha said...

I don't know WHAT you're talking about! I don't EVER have this problem. I ALWAYS remember where I put EVERYthing!!!!

(tee hee hee) :-)

This is how it goes at my house:

"Now where in the world is ?????! I just know I had one of those. I thought I put it right here."

Well, I did put it "right" there and it sat there for 5 years. So one day I decided that if I haven't used it in 5 years, I must not need it, and I put it in the "yard sale" pile.

Then I decide some months later that I'm never going to have that yard sale, so I thrown everything in the bag away, never thinking to go through the bag - one more time - to be SURE I want to pitch it all out!!!

So I end up going to Wal-Mart to re-buy the gadget! OR, more likely, just do without it!

Yep - no memory and/or storage problems here!!!!!!

:-)
Alesha

Susan said...

I can never remember where stuff is, especially after I've done a good job of "organizing" and put everything away! LOL