Monday, March 31, 2008

Wildlife

A friend made a comment on my pelican post that it was comforting to see the wildlife she grew up around. I've thought about that a lot. I live no where near where I grew up. I live in the Midwest, but I grew up in West Texas. There are many times that I miss the wildlife of my childhood.

Things like:
Skinks















And Horned Toads












And even Tarantulas













And Rattlesnakes


You wouldn't think any of those things are pretty, but they say home to me.

2 comments:

Nicholas Z. Cardot said...

That's completely gross that you miss those things. My wife thinks so, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day. It was great to hear from you!

Tori Leslie said...

Home sweet Home!! Not! I don't miss any of those! Bluebonnets and armadillos yes but those no!