Sunday, August 8, 2010

Beau makes me laugh

Can't you just see the spunk in his eyes? Every day he says something that makes my smile burst forth into a laugh.

He was in summer school for a few weeks recently. For the most part, he loved it but one morning he decided he would rather stay home and play with his trains. He came out of his bedroom holding his forehead and said, "Nana, I believe I have a fever." I felt his head and told him he did not. He thought for a minute and said, "I could get one later! You never know."

Another evening, we bought him some chicken nuggets from Dickey's BBQ (Mmmmm, by the way) and it came with a roll. He loves their chicken nuggets and had specifically requested them. The funny part came when he bit into the roll. His eyes lit up and he exclaimed, "This is the best bread! Now this is what I'm talking about!"

He's growing up so fast. This Wednesday, he will start first grade. He is reading. He has almost mastered the art of tying his shoe. And he makes his Nana laugh a lot.

No comments: