Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sick

There is nothing more annoying to me than to go to the doctor, have him confirm what I thought was wrong and send me home to "get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids." And I paid how much for that advice?

However, the past few days, I've turned the question over and over in my mind—"Should I go to the doctor now or wait it out?" I've had a fever off and on since Saturday. Since Sunday, its been pretty much on rather than off. Last night I was miserable. I kept waiting and trying to listen to my body and decide. I have fibromyalgia and I thought it might be that, but I've decided I have an infection somewhere in my abdomen. Lots of green tea, some immune boosters and good ol' ibuprofen for the pain and I think I'm going to live.

I'm glad I waited. I'm not mad at the doctor and my checkbook thanks me.

3 comments:

Mrs.B. said...

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Anne said...

Being sick is not fun!! Praying you feel better real soon!!

Tori said...

Sure hope your over it Terri. It's definantly no fun being sick, specially when your Mom. :o)