Thursday, June 15, 2006

Here, I want to take a picture! Smile!


A couple of things have happened lately that have me thinking about photographs. Father's Day is coming up and I made a scrapbook of my mother for my Dad. She hated having her picture taken and it shows. I was able to find only 15 or 16 pictures of Mom from her 56 years of living. It made me sad to realize that I had very few visual images Mom to share with my children and grandchildren.

The second thing that happened was trying to find a picture of myself to put on this blog. Guess what? There aren't very many picutres of me either. Now, I am not photogenic at all, but I've decided that it is selfishness and pride on my part not to allow my family to take pictures of me. I want my granchildren and even my great-grandchildren to be able to look into my eyes in a photograph and remember that I prayed for them before they were even born.

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Hey Terri,
Man, we're bumping into each other all over the web. I'll be back often to read here.

Terri said...

Aren't you glad that we live in the dispensation of the Internet! It makes the world a much smaller place!