Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Don't be Lame

"And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word." I Kings 18:21

I'm wrestling with some things. Trying to settle some things in my heart… my head… my life. I was reading some verses in my Bible that applied and I remembered this one. Something struck me this time that I had never thought of before. That word "halt" is the same word that often is used as a biblical synonym for lame. Elijah asked the people how long they were going to limp back and forth between two opinions.

Several years ago, I experienced a series of events that were difficult. In seeking Bible answers that time, I clung to Hebrews 12, especially verse 13: "And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed." I worked on following straight ways while I regained my strength. Much like a sprained ankle, my heart was wounded and needed support while it healed.

I don't want to be lame. I don't want to be turned out of the way. I don't want to halt between two opinions. I want to follow the LORD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!