Friday, July 21, 2006

A lesson in patience

My life verse is Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."

This is one of the life lessons I want my children and my grandchildren to learn. Right now, God is working on me to pound it into my heard head. Wait. Wait. Wait.

The family tragedy I mentioned was a child tragedy. One of our daughters decided to abort God's timing and take things into her own hand. She ran off with her boyfriend and eloped. Our hearts were broken. We love them both and pray that God blesses and teaches and trains them in the coming days and that they choose to learn the lessons the easy way and not the hard way.

Now, we are needing to wait on God in the area of my health. My surgical procedure yesterday was unsuccessful. Due to years of endometriosis, by organs aren't where they are supposed to be. My doctor has done hundreds of these procedures and never had the problems he had with me. I am unique. The next step is to move on the the University hospital and see if the doctors there can find an answer. In the meantime, the health problems I am having are limiting my functioning. Ughhh!!
"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." I really need to work on this.

4 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Oh Terri, I'm so sorry your family is going through this now. I read a wonderful quote today:

~The brook would loose it's song if God removed the rocks.~

That seems fitting for your situation. Johnny and I are both praying for you guys!

Susannah said...

You have a lot going on! I hope you have some solid supporters around you. I'm glad you're staying strong while trusting in the Lord.

Kristi said...

Terri, I'm sorry to hear about your family situation. I can understand how heavy your heart must be. And also dealing with this physical need can be a very impatient thing! We'll be praying. There is a song the Isaac Family sings called "Stand Still."

Stand still
And let God move
Standing still, is hard to do
When you feel you have reached the end,
He'll make a way for you
Stand still,
and let God move.

It is so hard to do that, but we'll pray for you.

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»