Saturday, February 21, 2009

Umph

I haven't got any. Since I graduated in December, I just go to work and do the basic stuff at home. I could use the excuse that I'm decompressing after 4 years of school, but if that were the case its been long enough to decompress into oblivion.

I finally made a list of things I need to accomplish and I have written some on paper. I need to start typing. I got a new book and started reading it just to try to regain some of my umph. Oh, and I got several books on writing. When I was taking a World Memoirs class, we read excerpts from Inventing the Truth: The Art and Craft of Memoir edited by William Zinnser. I bought the book and I'm on my third reread. My primary writing project right now is a memoir of my mother and I want to avoid some of the pitfalls that have surrounded recent memoirs.

Today I have a cold. It seems like it's going around. But it's time to get over it and get to work.

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

No comments: