Wednesday, February 25, 2009

He is mindful of me

It was one of those mornings. I have a long list of to-do's this morning before I go to work. My little Beau was being somewhat less than cooperative. My daughter is sick so I was driving Beau to preschool. He started crying because he dropped his milk, so I pulled to the side of the road to help him. I was playing his "happy morning" CD in the car and have you ever noticed how annoying happy music is when you aren't?

I handed Beau his milk and got back in the car and just as I was about to throw it back into reverse, I glanced up at the sky and the clouds caught my eye. They were just beautiful this morning. My grumpy heart was pricked with the verse:

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Psalm 8:3-4
God is mindful of me!
The God who made the heavens and hung the stars in space, He is mindful of me.
The God who paints the clouds and causes the rain to quench the thirsty earth, He is mindful of me.

Suddenly, my morning was much brighter. If the laundry didn't get folded or the living room didn't get vacuumed, it was okay. God is mindful of me. What else can matter?

No comments: