Saturday, June 27, 2009

Time is funny thing



Last year in June, I decided to get a job.

Three years ago in June, I started running a fever. I had no idea that the following twelve months would take me to the precipice of eternity twice.

Five years ago in June, I had just moved to Iowa. I thought my life would never be settled again. (It is wonderful now.)

Ten years ago in June, I talked to my mom on the phone at least twice a day with no thought that she would be gone from this earth in a month.

Fifteen years ago in June, we had one child and began yet another adoption journey that would lead us to adopting five more children in time.

Twenty years ago in June, my Hero was ordained into the pastorate and I became a pastor's wife. That is the subject of a whole book I'm writing.

"Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."

Proverbs 27:1

"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

—James 4:14

No comments: