Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I am a writer


Why are those words scary? I've been published several times. I've actually been writing for as long as I can remember. I filled Big Chief Tablets with my happy tales. I went to school and earned a BA in English just to lend credibility to my writing.

And yet, when asked, I usually say, "I want to write." Why is it so hard to say, "I'm a writer"?

Maybe I'm hiding from expectations. If I only "want to write" and I post something good, its a surprise to everyone. If I say "I'm a writer" it better be good. There is an expectation.

Maybe it's time I lived up.


1 comment:

Nancy Hamilton Sturm said...

I've just finished reading 3 of your posts. As a former English teacher, fellow writer and follower of Christ, I want to affirm to you--YOU ARE A WRITER. Well done, and keep up the good work.